Friday, August 8, 2008

Small Gryffindor Items

My dear daughter and I made some little Gryffindor items for a recent HP swap on Craftster.

Mug cozy, crochet flower brooches, tea cup mini pin cushion:

Gryffindor House Pride Items


Two crochet flower brooches in Gryffindor colors:

Crochet Flower and Vintage Button Gryffindor House Pride Brooches

My dear daughter used cotton yarn to make these lovely brooches for me to send to my "Gryffindor" partner. I also used them as an embellishment for the Gryffindor scarf presentation.


Backs of flower brooches:

Crochet Flower and Vintage Button Gryffindor House Pride Brooches - Backs


Both the brooches have lovely vintage buttons:

Crochet Flower and Vintage Button Gryffindor House Pride Brooch

Crochet Flower and Vintage Button Gryffindor House Pride Brooch

The buttons are sewn on with the cotton yarn in the contrast color.

I ordered the cotton yarn from Patternworks at the same time that I ordered the acrylic for the scarf. (Summer is not the greatest time to be looking in local shops for autumn colors, so I ordered online and hoped the colors would be "right".) I didn't know when I ordered the cotton what we would make with it, but I'm really pleased with the summery brooches that the DD made with it.


Gryffindor Mug Cozy:

Gryffindor House Pride Mug Cozy

I knit up this mug cozy as an "extra". It took maybe 20 minutes, tops. I used the same red acrylic as I used for the Gryffindor scarf. It also has a vintage button.


The mug cozy, open:

Gryffindor House Pride Mug Cozy - Open

It's knit in a k1-p1 rib, with a crochet border and crocheted tapered ends. The tapered ends help it fit through the mug handle.


The mug cozy, on a mug:

Gryffindor House Pride Mug Cozy Gryffindor House Pride Mug Cozy
Gryffindor House Pride Mug Cozy Gryffindor House Pride Mug Cozy and Tea Cup Mini Pin Cushion

The tea cup mini pin cushion will have it's own post, coming soon!


Craft Info:

Made for: rosesanplacebos
Swap: "I Miss Harry Potter Swap"
Date made: Early July, 2008

Mug Cozy

Needles: size 8 bamboo
Hook: G
Yarn: Utopia worsted-weight acrylic
Color: Pomegranate
Other materials: Vintage button (yellow-gold color)

Brooches

Made by:
beauootifulsooooup (DD)
Hook: F
Yarn: Reynolds Saucy cabled worsted-weight cotton
Colors: Cranberry and Butter

Other materials: Vintage buttons (maroon and yellow), brooch pins, thread to sew on brooch pins

No comments: